The Sophie Davis Forum on Gender,
Conflict Resolution and Peace
The Sophie Davis Post-Doctoral Fellowship
of up to 90,000 NIS
of up to 90,000 NIS
The Leonard Davis Institute for International Relations is pleased to offer the Sophie Davis Fellowship for postdoctoral student, to Israeli and overseas applicants who are working on issues related to Gender, Conflict Resolution and Peace.
- The fellowship will be paid over a period of twelve months. There is an option to extend that period for a second year based on Academic achievements and availability of funding.
- Applicants must submit their dissertation no later than September 30, 2017, or hold a doctoral degree granted after September 2012.
- The fellow is expected to submit an article or other academic publication, based on her/his research during the post-doc. Any publication should acknowledge the support of the Sophie Davis Fellowship. The fellow is also expected to be involved in the Institute’s academic and public activities.
- The elected fellow will also be expected to coordinate the Sophie Davis Forum on Gender, Conflict Resolution and Peace, and be actively involved in its activities (organizing lectures and symposia).
- The fellow will be eligible to a shared office space, full access to the Hebrew University's libraries, and the Institute's facilities. Fellowship recipients are required to spend at least nine months at the Leonard Davis Institute over the course of the academic year for which they receive the grant. During their stay they are required to be present at their office at least three days a week.
Submission deadline: December 29, 2016
In order to apply, an application form should be submitted. In addition, please provide through the online application system the following documents:
1. Abstract of the post-doctoral research proposal (up to one page).
2. Detailed post-doctoral research proposal in Hebrew or English (up to five pages).
3. Summary of PhD's dissertation in Hebrew or English (up to five pages).
4. Two letters of recommendation (directly e-mailed to the designated email address provided by the system).
5. Curriculum Vitae & list of publications.
6. Copy of the PhD Diploma.
For Further information: